Effective Date: February 1, 2014
Attention: Legal Department
1. Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with PII. We collect the following types of PII:
- Contact information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of LogoPogo.
- Relationship information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of businesses or coupons you might like. This includes lifestyle, preference, and interest information; location information related to your state, city, or neighborhood; the types of businesses or coupons that interest you; information collected from social media interactions; and demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender).
- Transaction information about how you interact with the Services, such as the merchants you prefer and the coupons you redeem; other information about how you use our Services, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with LogoPogo’s merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- Location information to help us offer you coupons for merchants nearby, if you activated our Services on a mobile device and permitted your mobile device to transmit location data. Please see the section under the heading “mobile” for more information on the types of PII LogoPogo may collect from the Services operating on a mobile device.
2. How LogoPogo Collects PII
We may ask you for PII when you register, subscribe, create an account, or otherwise interact with the Services or contact LogoPogo. For example, you may be required to provide us with contact information or relationship information in order to register for certain services.
We also collect transaction information if you contact us via telephone, email, text, mail, social media interaction, or other methods of communication, such as for customer support purposes.
If you use a social media platform, a mobile device or other third party method of communication to interact with LogoPogo or the Services, that platform may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of PII related to that platform. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
If you use the Services on a mobile device and your mobile device’s settings allow it, we may collect PII from your mobile device, whether or not you are logged on the Services.
From time to time, we may obtain additional PII from third parties. For example, we may collect PII from third parties to enhance other information we have about you, to help us better understand you, and to otherwise enhance the Services we provide.
3. How LogoPogo Uses PII
LogoPogo uses PII to:
- Operate and improve the Services;
- Provide users with coupons for products and services, or other benefits, from participating merchants, including coupons based on variables such as stated and anticipated user interests, personal characteristics, or location;
- Evaluate eligibility of users for certain coupons, products or services;
- Provide card-linked offers;
- Evaluate the types of coupons, products or services that may be of interest to users;
- Track redemption of coupons and perform other analytics;
- Provide user support, including to our merchants or business partners;
- Fulfill requests for LogoPogo’s services;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about LogoPogo and our merchants and business partners, such as news, special offers, coupons, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Services, third party sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Create user profiles that may contain inferences about users such as age range, income range, gender, and interests;
- Allow you to sign up for special offers from third parties through the Services; and
- Carry out other purposes disclosed to you and to which you consent.
4. When and Why LogoPogo Discloses PII
We may share your PII as the law requires or permits as described below:
- With affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies LogoPogo owns or controls) who may only use PII for the purposes described in section 3 above;
- With our service providers that provide services for us to assist us in carrying out the purposes described in section 3, such as sending emails on our behalf, processing payments, and facilitating card-linked offers. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect PII and are only allowed to use PII in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them;
- Merchants, but only to the extent you have redeemed a coupon offered by the merchant, or participated in an offer, contest, or other activity sponsored or offered through LogoPogo on behalf of the merchant;
- LogoPogo’s business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other provided by or in conjunction with LogoPogo and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to LogoPogo from a business partner’s website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a LogoPogo business partner, LogoPogo may provide that business partner with contact information and transactional information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between LogoPogo and the business partner, which may allow such business partner to contact you directly and to advertise to you;
- To effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property, or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose PII to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If LogoPogo is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on one or more of our Services of any change in ownership or uses of your PII, as well as any choices you may have regarding your PII; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
We may also disclose information about you that is not PII. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
5. Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use the Services, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use the Services, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and service providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our Services by your computers or mobile devices. We, our business partners, or our service providers operate these servers and manage the cookies.
For example, when you access our Services, LogoPogo and our service providers may place cookies on your computers or mobile devices. These cookies may include means for tracking your transaction information with a merchant and may include tracking technology from third party affiliate network operators. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, and track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us provide a customized experience and help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A “cookie” is a small amount of information a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Services. Some cookies contain serial numbers that allow us to connect your activity with the Services with other information we store about you in your profile or as related to your other interactions with the Services.
Some cookies are temporary; whereas, others may be configured to last longer. “Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases Session cookies once you exit your browser. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent cookies stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use Persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your user ID if you ask to be remembered), and storing your preferences.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access the Services, your operating system type, or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and the time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Services. An IP address is a unique identifier used by devices to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you visited before you used the Services and the website you visit after you leave the Services, if your browser provides this information to us.
6. Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you, businesses you frequent, and coupons you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to LogoPogo, and you can limit the communications that LogoPogo sends to you.
If you want to opt out of receiving offers directly from LogoPogo merchants or business partners, you may follow the opt out instructions in the emails you receive from them.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about available cookie and other privacy and security settings. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features of the Services.
Connecting through Social Networks
7. Accessing and Correcting PII
Keeping PII about you current helps ensure that we offer you coupons from businesses you frequent or want to try. You can do several things to help keep PII about you current. You can access, update and delete your contact information and other information you provided us.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, or if you would like to access or request a correction to any other personal information we hold regarding you, please contact us.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you Services, or for purposes of meeting other legal requirements. If you want to cancel your account or request we no longer use your information to provide you Services, contact us. In response, we will cancel or remove your information, but may retain and use copies of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Security of PII
LogoPogo follows generally accepted industry standards to protect PII. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is one hundred percent secure. For this reason, there is no guarantee PII may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
9. Notice to Residents of Countries outside the U.S.
10. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
13. Children’s Privacy
LogoPogo does not intend any portion of the Services will be accessed or used by children under the age of eighteen, and prohibits such use. The Services are designed and intended for adults. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old and understand that you must be at least eighteen years old in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through the Services. We will promptly delete information associated with any account for which we obtain actual knowledge that the registered user of the account is not at least eighteen years old.
14. California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of PII companies with whom they have an established business relationship shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of PII shared with third parties, names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by LogoPogo pursuant to section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing us at the following address:
Attention: Legal Department
CORTEC Bldg. - Suite 204
Corporate Office Park
Guaynabo, PR 00966
Please allow 30 days for a response.